Thursday, July 2, 2009

Dealing with guilt and addiction

So I had a friend come and talk to me about the times he has failed God. He felt guilty coming back to church. He thought people would make fun of him. He did not feel worthy to come back to church for fear of ridicule. He felt guilty. Oh how I wish I could say that I never felt that pain. I tried to tell him that these were Satan’s lies. Only he would use such things against a person. God loves you! It doesn’t matter how far you stepped out of bounds. Jesus said “Come to me all you are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest.” Was He speaking to non-believers??? Yes! But was this principle only applicable for them? No! Jesus said for ALL to come to Him. If you are wrestling with things that are out of your control…come to Him knowing He can deliver you.... More to come on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment